Using a blog in your job search is still " not on the radar " for many people in their job search. Many people rely almost exclusively on a CV or career résumé to advertise the fact that they are in a job search. But when you think about it, it makes good sense for a whole host of reasons.
• Your blog increases your chance of being noticed in an internet search because you are making it easier for them to find you.
• You can link it to your CV /résumé and therefore lessen the need to update your CV / résumé and redistribute it to people all the time.
• It gives you a chance to show that you are up to date in your thinking and therefore enhances your credibility.
• You can link to other blogs, websites, articles and websites. In this way you can develop a dynamic and creative presence that will naturally attract people.
• It enables you to build a personal brand and to emphasise what you can do for a company. It is in many ways a much more elaborate version of your CV.
• It demonstrates your communication skills.
Sites to check out are:
It is probably useful to visit http://www.BlogSearch.Google.com to get ideas about your blog's design. You can also create a blog alert at the same time. Professional job finding these days is all about learning and using the vast array of technology at our disposal. Therefore you should have a website, blog,social media presence including Twitter and Linkedin AND they should all be linked.
About the Author:
Peter Robson has over 20 years experience in the career guidance industry. he has worked with people from a variety of job backgrounds and industries. He works with people individually as well as project managing large outplacement assignments.