In a survey titled "The New Social Media: Do They Enable B2B Selling." conducted by ESR Research with the assistance of the TAS Group asked approximately 400 B2B sales representatives about their experiences with social media. The results are as follows:
• 86 per cent of respondents do not use Jigsaw nor has it helped them win a sales opportunity;
• 69% of respondents do not use Twitter. Of those that do (31%), 20% have said that it has NOT helped them win a sales opportunity;
• 35% have reported that LinkedIn has helped them sometimes or often to win a sales opportunity;
• 51% do not use Hoovers or OneSource, or they have never helped them win a sales opportunity; and,
• 8% of respondents have said Facebook has helped them win sometimes or often a sales opportunity.
The clear favourite among B2B salespeople was found to be LinkedIn.
For details from the survey, click here
Click here to view this answer in French.
About the Canadian Professional Sales Association
Since 1874, we’ve been developing and serving sales professionals by providing programs, benefits, and resources that help you sell more, and sell smarter.
Contact us today at MemberServices@cpsa.com or 1-888-267-2772 to see how we can help you and your team reach new heights in sales success.
Copyright ©2013 by The Canadian Professional Sales Association
For permissions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should I focus more on SEO or social media when trying to generate leads for my small business?
- What’s the difference between some of the new social media sites, and which ones should I implement for my small business?
- How can I get more engagement on Twitter for my small business?
View the full list of Ask A Sales Expert questions and answers.
Got a sales, marketing, or business-related question? Email us at email@example.com.