The CPSA is growing and looking to add an Account Executive to the team located in downtown Toronto. The primary role of the Account Executive is promote and market the benefits of the CPSA membership and service to prospective and existing members via inbound and outbound calls.
- Place outbound calls to prospective and existing members to promote and sell the CPSA’s membership and services to improve skills and knowledge towards improved sales performance.
- Maintain and update information of the full cycle of the sales process in the CRM from the nature of the outbound/inbound calls made, topics discussed, outcome, sales secured, full contact and registration info to follow up needed.
- Research and develop new sources to build the prospect database.
- Generate and log a minimum of 150 calls on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for achieving the individual sales goals and targets as set by the Sales Director.
- Participate and provide expertise as a member of the Sales Department.
- Deliver high quality service at all times to both internal and external clients.
- Attends and participates in departmental and/or other meetings, training programs, conventions, networking events and trade shows as directed.
- Undertakes other special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Contribute to the effective and co-operative operation of both the Sales/Marketing group and the Professional Development department, within CPSA.
- Represent the Association in a professional manner when dealing with members and prospects.
- Attain the Certified Sales Professional designation, within 1 year of hiring.
- Reports to Director, Sales.
- Minimum of 2 years’ sales experience.
- Designation and/or a graduate of a college or university business program.
- Genuine interest in developing their sales skills.
- Effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Possess exceptional people skills to handle clients and an outgoing personality.
- Manage the full sales cycle for potential organizations.
- Ability to upsell existing memberships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player and with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong skills in CRM and the MS Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Preference will be given to a bilingual (French/English) candidate.
Who is the CPSA?
The Canadian Professional Sales Association is Canada’s largest national sales organization. Established in 1874, the CPSA works to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and professionalism of the sales community nationwide through our professional development programs, networking events and exclusive member resources and benefits. Our over 20,000 members are found in almost every sector of the Canadian economy and covers a wide range of job functions, predominantly within commercial sales. Visit us at cpsa.com.
Inquiries and applications
Questions and applications may be submitted by email
CPSA thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.