WHO WE ARE
Our purpose is to enrich the lives of sales professionals. For as long as sales has existed in Canada, the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) has been a National Association supporting and advancing sales professionals with tools, professional development programs (training and designations), and resources that accelerate their success. Over the years, we’ve transformed the sales industry, bringing in rigorous standards, ethical guidelines, and programs that have professionalized sales and set the bar for excellence.
Today, we continue to shape the future of sales with innovative, forward-thinking initiatives that advance the profession and support sales professionals achieving their goals.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an accomplished sales professional who seeks to put your talent to work with purpose. You are inspired by transforming careers and creating advantage for other sales professionals. You recognize that by providing easier access to the skills, tools, resources, and recognition that equip sales professionals to achieve optimal performance. You are a catalyst for the personal and professional growth that will make a positive impact on thousands of lives.
As a Corporate Account Executive (CAE), you are tasked with growing revenue across our membership, training, and professional designation lines of business. To do so will require a combination of honed analytical skills for identifying new business opportunities, and strong communication skills for gaining a deep understanding of the client’s talent development practices, business landscape and organizational objectives. With This balance of hard and soft skills you will consistently demonstrate a real-time awareness of industry and sales performance challenges to provide compelling CPSA corporate client solutions. You will build strong relationships with key decision makers to facilitate engagement and deepen our Corporate Account relationships. You are known to be energetic, curious, resourceful, and determined in your approach to delivering results directly and through others.
- Selling CPSA’s core professional development (PD) online and in-person courses - private corporate training and public open enrolment events - including digital on-demand programs
- Integrating CPSA corporate and individual memberships with enterprise solutions developed and sold
- Selling custom ‘sales academy’ curated sales organization performance and development solutions developed in collaboration with the CPSA Learning Solutions team
- Selling CPSA professional designations (CSA, CSP and CSL) programs to established and prospect corporate accounts.
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders in assigned Corporate Account client relationships.
- Meeting assigned targets for profitable sales revenue volume and strategic objectives in assigned Corporate Account relationships.
- Proactively participating in a joint strategic Corporate Account-CPSA planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating Corporate Account needs on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborating effectively with the Learning Solutions team in development efforts that best address Corporate Account needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Association talent.
- Building and maintaining a high-quality pipeline of sales opportunities, defined as predictable streams of new Corporate Accounts and new CPSA members.
- Updating both clients and prospects on the latest product and program launches.
- Acquiring and enhancing knowledge of new CPSA products, procedures, services, and tools by attending CPSA University and industry training events.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the CPSA in a professional manner.
- Motivating and inspiring fellow Associates in delivering on the mission of the CPSA.
- The Corporate Account Executives currently report to the CEO.
- You will work with a team of Corporate Account Executives and a Professional Development Advisor.
- You will also work closely with our Member Engagement team to ensure high-quality Corporate Account client on ramping, Member Service experiences and problem resolution.
- You will be collaborating regularly with other CPSA Associates in Learning Solutions, Brand and Community, Digital Services, and Finance and Operations functions.
- A minimum of 5 years of B2B sales experience with at least 2 years in a strategic Corporate Account management role.
- Expertise with conducting multi-faceted training needs analysis at both organizational and individual level.
- Experience selling to large and complex sales organizations in the past 2 years.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is an asset:
- Membership Associations
- Business Consulting and Professional Services
- Sales Talent Development and/or Coaching
- Technology Solutions
- Consultative skills built in a sales or project management roles
- Demonstrated competencies for planning and prioritization, influence and negotiation, and effective interpersonal relationship-building
- Ability to identify opportunities to grow existing corporate account relationships
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Hands on experience with the CPSA suite of Member Solutions and Services considered an asset
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Strong presentation and communication skills (French in addition to English will be an asset)
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes to email@example.com by November 12, 2022.
The Canadian Professional Sales Association is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.