The Education Coordinator oversees the standardized applications and assessments of sales designation candidates by coordinating the application process, delivery, administration logistics, and continuous improvement for all aspects of professional designation examinations.
With an interest and aptitude for customer experience and process management, the Education Coordinator assists designation takers from application to exam completion and assists the Learning Solutions team by monitoring ongoing performance of individual assessment items, proctors, and examiners.
This position reports to the CPSA’s Manager, Certification & Standards and will work with a team of 6 education professionals within the CPSA.
Application & Exam Support
- Track and review designation applications, including following up with candidates who have “in-progress” applications before forwarding complete applications to the Manager, Certification and Standards for approval.
- Counsel prospective candidates regarding designation pathways and progress them through the designation process.
- Enroll candidates into exam spaces within LMS once applications have been approved and guide them through the exam process, including scheduling their exams.
- Work in CRM and other systems to keep records up to date and perform admin duties related to designations and digital badges
Examination & Content Coordination
- Assist the team in refreshing examination and assessment content.
- Organize, prepare agendas, and circulate meeting minutes for examination committees.
- Work with marketing and graphic artists to design and publish examination blueprints and promotional materials for accredited examination centers.
- Develop and communicate examination procedure and updates to accredited examination partners.
- Monitor individual examiner or examination question performance
- Manage and refine methods of reporting examination candidate reports.
- Coordinate examination appeals and review procedures.
Operations and Logistics
- Coordinate projects for process/automation to improve efficiency and student or examiner experience.
- Develop and document policies and procedures related to examiner and assessors.
- Assist with administrative work related to CPSA’s post-secondary accreditation partnership program.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in education, business, or marketing is preferred.
- French language skills considered a strong asset.
- Strong Excel skills (e.g., VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.) considered a strong asset
- Experience in one of the following areas:
- 2-years’ experience with education program logistics and operations coordination, including examinations, student admissions, and student support, OR;
- 2-years’ experience working with educational technology including CRM, LMS, Virtual Proctoring or Student Information System Software applications.
- Clear communication skills to support interaction with instructor and students
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize workload.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Education Coordinator Position in the email subject line.
This job posting will be active until December 31, 2021.
The Canadian Professional Sales Association is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.