The Canadian Professional Sales Association (www.cpsa.com) supports sales professionals across Canada with tools, sales training, and resources to accelerate their success. Over the years, CPSA has transformed the industry with rigorous standards, ethical guidelines, professional development, and recognition programs that set the bar for excellence. CPSA is shaping the future with innovative programs that help sales professionals advance at every level. CPSA’s 20,000+ members include top performing senior executives, entrepreneurs, sales managers, sales representatives and sales agents from coast to coast.
The Manager of Education Partnerships will play a key role in achieving CPSA’s vision of growth for the coming years. They will work to identify, select, and form partnerships with sales education providers in the post-secondary and private domains to become accredited to deliver training and development programs aligned to CPSA’s Professional Sales Designations: Certified Sales Associates, Certified Sales Professionals, and Certified Sales Leaders.
The appointee will remain up-to-date on the current trends and issues in sales education, be familiar with competency frameworks, and have experience building business relationships. Their primary responsibilities include creating and maintaining relationships with sales education providers in both the public and private spheres to maximize the number of skilled sales professionals in the national labour force, and drive new membership and designation growth from the CPSA through this channel.
Business Development & Partner Management
- Develop strong working relationships with Canada’s leading sales educators in the post-secondary and private domains to produce more skilled salespeople for Canadian employers and new professional members for CPSA.
- Engage in new partner prospecting, proposal writing, contract negotiation, and ongoing partnership management.
- Create distribution networks within the community of sales educators to facilitate the sale, sharing, and transfer of sales tools, training, and professional talent.
- Collaborate with partners in planning, implementation, and growth of joint networks and channels.
Accreditation Support for Sales Education Providers
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and executing the department’s communication plan to prospective and active accredited sales education providers.
- Identify and create sales partnerships between sales educators, academic institutions, employers, and other associations/non-profit organizations.
- Provide support in the awareness and understanding of operational processes, curriculum guidelines, and training quality standards.
- Work with the Sales, Marketing, and IT departments to ensure that systems are updated with sales education providers and their offerings.
Operations Management and Records
- Lead projects for process improvement/automation to improve efficiency and experience for sales educators operating within the CPSA network.
- Maintain proper sales records in the CRM system.
Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or education is required. Additional credentials related to
education, adult learning, and sales training would be an asset.
- 5+ years’ experience managing business partnerships, developing and presenting proposals, negotiating partnership terms, and managing partnerships to successful outcomes.
- 2+ years’ industry experience in either private or public education sphere.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, skills to support interactions with instructors and students as well as the development of policies and procedures.
- Ability to have constructive conversations with sales training experts and other partner contacts.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Extremely organized and able to prioritize workload.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Possess a natural drive to help and guide people, as the majority of interactions will be with instructors and program administrators.
- French language skills desired.
The Canadian Professional Sales Association is an equal opportunities employer, and committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion across the organization and throughout its hiring process. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation, appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process.
Should you have an interest in confidentially exploring this further or have any questions regarding this initiative, please contact:
Caroline McLean, Partner
Madiha Rashid, Research Consultant
Tara Lee Chou, Operations Manager, Recruitment Solutions
416 922 4374