National Account Executive
The Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) is Canada′s largest national sales organization. Established in 1874, the CPSA works to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and professionalism of the sales community. CPSA members can be found in almost every sector of the Canadian economy and cover a wide range of positions including senior executives, entrepreneurs, sales managers, sales representatives and agents. With the support of approximately 20,000 members we are able to provide Canadian Business Professionals with the tools and resources they need to succeed. As your partner in successful selling, we commit to assisting your sales organization in reducing costs, developing skills, increasing efficiencies, and setting benchmarks for success.
- Responsible for the sales of new memberships and Professional Development courses, retention of corporate accounts, primarily over the phone.
- Actively pursue new accounts through prospecting and referrals.
- Answer all referred membership and course inquiries.
- Proactively maintain and strengthen relationships with existing customers.
- Contribute to membership retention by working with outstanding member lists.
- Enter accurate and timely call records and notes into CRM system.
- Abide by policies and procedures and ensure quality service be given at all times to both internal and external customers.
- Keep organized, personal record keeping; track individual sales action, call activity and management of leads.
- Participate and provide expertise to other departments as a member of the Sales Team.
- Reports directly to Director, Sales.
- Responsible for contributing to the execution of the annual membership sales plan through achieving set targets and goals as outlined by the Director, Sales.
Standards of Performance
The Account Executive must:
- Log a minimum of 200 incoming/outgoing phone calls per week.
- Sell a minimum average of 40 memberships per month.
- Sell $20,000 in Professional Development sales per year. nbsp;
- Meet all objectives, goals and timetables of their portion of the annual Membership/Group Sales plan.
- Adhere to sales process as identified by the Director, Sales & Member Benefits.
- Earn Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation within one year of hire date (paid by CPSA).
- Contribute to the effective and co-operative operation of the Association.
- Conduct business in an ethical, honest manner that is befitting the CPSA brand.
Details of Function
- Contribute to the maintenance of standards, policies and procedures regarding membership sales.
- Adhere to all corporate policies, guidelines and statutory requirements.
- Assist in the gathering of competitive information in order to monitor business trends and opportunities as required.
- Responsible for reporting on the nature, type and reason for membership cancellations or non-renewals; make attempts to save the sale.
- Attend and contribute to regular sales meetings and any other departmental meetings as required.
- Maintain detailed daily call activity reports.
- Be knowledgeable on all CPSA products and services and communicate correct and accurate information to prospective and existing members/clients.
- Attend professional development courses as required.
- Undertake other special projects as assigned by Director, Sales.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two years sales experience with proven success.
- Must enjoy work on the telephone all day, every day.
- Be a good listener and work well under pressure.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very well organized utilizing the tools provided by the employer for the position.
- Be comfortable using technology within the sales process (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GoToMeeting, CRM, and LinkedIn).
- Preference will be given to bilingual (French/English) candidate.
Inquiries and applications
Questions and applications may be submitted by email
CPSA thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.