Outside Sales Representative
The CPSA is broadening our sales team to include an outside, member facing component, complementing our inside sales team. An Outside Sales Representative’s job necessitates determining, generating and capturing the sales outside the organization. The main task is the pursuit of increased participation resulting in increases in revenue from new and existing large corporate members. In this role, the Outside sale representative will effectively provide detailed information on the benefits of being a CPSA member. To further share the CPSA mandate that “the CPSA is your partner in building skills and knowledge to improve sales performance”.
- Evaluate and generate leads for follow up in corporate companies and/or members to promote and successfully close on all possible revenue generating offerings from the CPSA.
- Scheduling appointments and meetings in order to review product requirements, and to determine other opportunities.
- Build and maintain an effective and productive sales pipeline.
- Conduct sales presentations by meeting customers face to face on a regular basis.
- Design and execute professional demonstrations or presentations of company products or services while on-site.
- Update both clients and companies on the latest product release launches.
- Increase revenue by generating and developing non-member businesses accounts.
- Acquire and enhancing knowledge of new products, procedures, services and tools by attending CPSA and industry training meetings.
- Using marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales management tools.
- Organizing joint sale calls and involving Association Directors when necessary.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the CPSA in a professional manner.
- Performing updating and maintenance of members on CRM.
- Providing quotes to customers as needed.
- Attain the Certified Sales Professional designation, within 1 year of hiring.
- Reports directly to Director, Sales.
- Responsible for contributing to the execution of the annual membership sales plan through achieving set targets and goals as outlined by the Director, Sales.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in outside selling.
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business Administration or related field.
- A proven track record of sales growth with knowledge of forecasting.
- Effective time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Possess exceptional people skills to handle clients and an outgoing personality.
- Manage the full sales cycle, from start to close for potential organizations.
- Ability to upsell existing memberships.
- Able to foster the member relationship values.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player and with the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Strong skills in CRM and the MS Office suite of products.
- Preference will be given to a bilingual (French/English) candidate.
Inquiries and applications
Questions and applications may be submitted by email
CPSA thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.