Our purpose is to enrich the lives of sales professionals. For as long as sales has existed in Canada, the Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) has been there to support and advance sales professionals with tools, sales training, and resources that accelerate their success. Over the years, we’ve transformed the sales industry, bringing in rigorous standards, ethical guidelines, and recognition programs that have professionalized sales and set the bar for excellence.
Today, we continue to shape the future of sales with innovative, forward-thinking programs that advance the profession and support sales professionals at every stage in achieving their goals.
As a Partner Sales Advisor (PSA), your role at the CPSA will be to nurture and expand relationships with strategically important Accredited Education Partners (AEPs). Our Accredited Education Partners are an integral stakeholder delivering training and development programs aligned to CPSA’s Professional Sales Designations. The PSA will have direct assigned ownership of several AEPs and will have overall responsibility for achieving sales targets and strategic partner objectives for their assigned AEPs. The PSA develops a strong knowledge of and represents the entire range of CPSA products and services, leading the joint partner planning cycle, and ensures AEP needs and expectations are met by the Association.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders in assigned Accredited Education Partner relationships.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales revenue volume and strategic objectives in assigned AEP relationships.
- Proactively participates in a joint strategic AEP-CPSA planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates AEP and end-client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates effectively with the Learning Solutions team in development efforts that best address AEP and end-client needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Association personnel.
- Research and create mutually beneficial opportunities for designated/assigned AEPs.
- Support the advancement of securing new membership in the CPSA through AEP relationships.
- Support the enrolment of sales employees into the CSP designation framework in conjunction with AEP goals.
- Promote and successfully close on revenue generating offerings from the CPSA.
- Schedule appointments and conduct high quality, in-person or video conference discussions and presentations with key decision makers.
- Build and maintain high-quality pipeline of opportunities, defined as new corporate clients and new AEPs.
- Update both clients and prospects on the latest product release launches.
- Acquire and enhance knowledge of new products, procedures, services and tools by attending CPSA and industry training meetings.
- Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the CPSA in a professional manner.
- Motivate and inspire fellow team members in delivering on the mission of the CPSA.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned sales revenue targets in assigned AEP accounts.
- Meets or exceeds assigned expectations and targets to deliver on the growth and success of the Association.
- Fosters and optimizes partner channel growth by conducting regular needs assessments with all stakeholders.
- Achieves strategic joint AEP-CPSA objectives defined by Association leadership team.
- Completes strategic AEP growth plans that meet Association standards.
- Meets and exceeds CPSA developed AEP NPS (net promoter score) objectives.
- Completes individual training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports directly to CPSAs Partner Sales Leader.
- Collaborates with and enlists the support of Association personnel in Learning Solutions, Member Engagement, Finance and Administration functions in addition to other leadership association partner resources as needed.
- Works closely with Member Engagement team to ensure AEP end-client, member and students’ satisfaction and problem resolution.
- A minimum of 5 years of B2B sales experience with at least 2 years in a strategic account management role.
- Experience in supporting the sales of professional development tools and training is an asset.
- Current sales and marketing related certifications and designations an asset.
- Must have a professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a strong attention to detail.
- Must possess strong relationship building, strategic and critical thinking skills.
- A demonstrated track record of goal achievement and team orientation.
- Must be an experienced user of a CRM with strong analytical skills.
- CSP (Certified Sales Professional) Designation is preferred and deemed an asset for this role.
How to Apply
Please submit your candidacy for this position by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
by March 19, 2021.
The Canadian Professional Sales Association is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.