The CPSA has a Sponsorship Manager position opening located in Toronto. The primary role will be to maximize sponsorship and advertising revenue for the CPSA.
This position will be reporting to the Director of Partnerships. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in sponsorship sales, excellent communication and relationship skills, an entrepreneurial drive and persuasive closing abilities with a high personal standard of success. Sales experience in advertising would be beneficial.
Primary responsibilities include selling sponsorships around CPSA events and programs including but not limited to; prospecting for new partnership opportunities, improving the yield from existing accounts and driving advertising sales revenue on the CPSA digital properties (website, newsletters, webinars).
- Design sponsorship programs that maximize financial returns
- Sell sponsorships for CPSA events
- Prospecting, appointment setting, and face-to-face presentations
- Networking with local leading companies through sourcing leads, cold calling, and research, resulting in sales
- Sell advertising on CPSA media assets
- Keep connected with both new clients to encourage ongoing sales within existing channels
- “Driving” new business development by successfully negotiating profitable long term contractual relationships
- Taking ownership of assigned accounts by managing marketing calendar to ensure all marketing features are deployed on a timely manner including collecting creative from partners and coordinating with the marketing department
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sponsorship Sales with a preference given to candidates with experience in digital advertising sales
- Proven track record in sales
- Experience and knowledge demonstrated in acquiring and maintaining new partnerships
- Ability to work independently, well organized & efficient with time
- Motivated self-starter with discipline to work independently to achieve sales target
- The ability to consistently attain and/or surpass sales and hitting revenue targets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, compelling presentation and effective negotiation skills
Who is the CPSA?
The Canadian Professional Sales Association is Canada’s largest national sales organization. Established in 1874, the CPSA works to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency and professionalism of the sales community nationwide through our professional development programs, networking events and exclusive member resources and benefits. Our over 20,000 members are found in almost every sector of the Canadian economy and covers a wide range of job functions, predominantly within commercial sales.
Inquiries and Applications
Questions and applications may be submitted by email.
The CPSA thanks all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.