CPSA’s top-selling sales program! Build consultative selling skills and fundamental knowledge necessary for sales success through a mix of online and in-person training over 8 weeks.
Walk away with the skills to gather meaningful market and client intelligence, develop relationships across a broad spectrum of personas, and propose custom solutions that address business challenges and goals of clients they work with.
Fundamentals of Selling is also available online. Click here for more info.
Who Should Attend
Whether you’re new to sales or a seasoned sales professional, this course can help drive results by giving you the skills to engage with your prospects and clients in an effective, consultative manner throughout the entire sales process.
This course is for you if you're a:
- Sales Advisor/Account Executive
- Professional with sales responsibilities (e.g. a start-up CEO, technical expert, or engineer)
- Customer Service Professional
- Sales Support Professional
- Sales Professional starting out in your career
- Sales Manager
- Certified Sales Associate (CSA) candidate
A minimum of 1 or 2 months of sales experience is recommended.
- Explain how a consultative selling approach can provide value to clients
- Develop a personal brand that takes into account your own strengths, weaknesses, and personality type
- Recognize the various roles on your sales team and use strategies to work effectively together
- Develop strategic, profitable, and achievable territory and account plans
- Create and manage a sales funnel, within a sales technology platform, to effectively move accounts from market to customers
- Use social media and social selling best practices to carry out your sales strategy
- Prepare for, and execute, prospecting phone calls that overcome potential objections and lead to in-person sales calls
- Use an eight-step consultative selling process to secure go-forward commitments at the end of each sales call
- Deliver tailored, effective in-person and online business case presentations that results in sales
- Successfully navigate collaborative negotiations and use influence to close sales
- Develop written sales communications that are logically structured and accurately communicate the key messages
- Follow up with clients to ensure satisfactory achievement of agreed-upon sales and strengthen client relationships
- Develop self-awareness, maintain optimism, and manage stress with proven takeaway strategies
- Set and achieve personal and professional goals for the next 1,5 and 10 years with a formalized time-management system
- Define professional and ethical sales behaviour and govern yourself accordingly.
What do I get when I complete the course?
Upon completion of this 35-hour program, learners will receive a certificate of completion from the CPSA. The program is directly aligned to meet full educational requirements for the Certified Sales Associate (CSA) designation offered by the CPSA Institute.
Course Cancellation Policy
"The Fundamentals of Selling course inspired me to make my sales presentations more relevant and compelling, garnering positive feedback from a customer. And the course gave me both the confidence and the negotiating skills I needed to close a large sale."
Laurel Enright, Senior Learning Solutions Consultant, Nelson Education
"Tremendous experience. I knew what I needed to do, and now I have a solid framework to plan and move forward successfully."
Nikki Fraser, Footlogix
"Taking the CPSA Fundamentals of Selling course helped me to review my own routine practices, and make the commitment to do better. I have been in Sales for many years, but I never had any reason to question why I used the approaches I did. Being in a room with Sales professionals from a variety of fields, I was exposed to a breadth of experiences and perspectives that helped me re-evaluate my own strategies. I definitely recommend this course as a introduction for new Sales professionals, and a refresher course for those with experience!"
Brandon Ziola, Nelson Education
Note: occasionally, course dates may change due to unforeseen circumstance. Registered learners will be notified a minimum of 14 days in advance and provided with options to reschedule.