The Effective Negotiating Strategies course is designed to increase the ability of experienced sales professionals to plan for, navigate, and close more negotiation deals at higher margins. Learners will hone their negotiation skills in order to move seamlessly through the negotiation process and keep their clients happy.
This 3-week program gives sales professionals the tools to enter negotiations with comprehensive strategies and provides frameworks for working through negotiation interactions from beginning to end. With a focus on negotiation preparations, sales professionals will see an increased ability to close deals, maintain margins, and ultimately be more comfortable engaging in negotiations with clients and prospects.
Learners will be engaged in an instructor-led 3-week online program.
Topic 1: Negotiation Issues and Challenges
Topic 2: Principles of Effective Negotiation
Topic 3: Influential Negotiation Strategy, Part 1
|Topic 3: Influential Negotiation Strategy, Part 2|
Topic 4: The Interaction & Roleplay
Final Knowledge Check Quiz
You will learn in a variety of ways such as interactive classwork, application activities and roleplays through a collaborative web conferencing experience including whiteboard tools, slides, a digital textbook, and breakout rooms for discussions.
The Effective Negotiating Strategies Online course allows learners to have the flexibility to study from home or the office, and engage with a wide variety of sales professionals across the country.
This course is designed to help learners get the most out of their online experience through discussions with peers, facilitator instruction and coaching, and personalized feedback.
Who Should Attend
- Sales professionals that want to improve their understanding of client and business dynamics throughout the negotiation process
- Professionals that want to increase their close ratios while maintaining or growing profit margins in the buying process
- Experienced sales professionals, business-owners and entrepreneurs, sales managers, buyers, and sellers involved in negotiations
- Take a consultative, win-win approach to negotiations that secure long-lasting partnerships with clients
- Reframe previous or potential issues to solve impasses and create value for both parties
- Avoid deadlocks by uncovering and focusing on your client’s true interests
- Guide and facilitate negotiations with a structured 8-step process
- Effectively prepare for every negotiation by defining your goals, positions, bottom-line, trip wires, and vulnerabilities
- Create and apply concession strategies that lead to successful negotiations while maintaining profit margins
What do I get when I complete the course?
Upon completion of this program, learners will receive a certificate of completion from the CPSA. The program is aligned to meet partial educational requirements for the Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation offered by the CPSA Institute.
How is this course graded?
| Class Participation||70%|
|Final Knowledge Check||30%|
A grade of 70% overall, and 70% on the Final Knowledge Check is required to pass the course. Learners must attend all live sessions to pass the course.
Course Cancellation Policy
Having trouble justifying the cost of this course? Download a template letter for your boss here.
"Negotiating Strategies is a "Must Take" for anyone in a selling or buying role."
Carmelle Duperron, SureSource