Financial Literacy for Sales Professionals is a 3-hour training module where learners will be introduced to fundamental topics in finance, and the analytical tools required to assess the financial condition of a potential client.
The module and related materials are free for all publicly funded colleges and universities. They are also available to the public for a small licensing fee.
Learners will establish a foundational understanding of how profitability is measured and reported in financial statements, as well as the basic skills required to calculate, analyze, and assess an organization’s financial health.
- Understand the financial accounting principles used to measure profitability
- Apply key financial tests to analyze the profitability of an organization’s operations
- Apply key financial tests to also examine the liquidity, asset management, and capital structure of an organization to better understand its financial health and possible risks
- Financial Reports & How Profitability is Measured
- Key Ratio Analysis
- Return on Investment Analysis
- Participant guide
- Facilitator guide
- Presentation materials to support lectures and seminars
- Subject related activities with engaging exercises (roleplay, analysis, etc.)
- Case study activity promoting the application of skills learned within each module and independent learning