Strategic Account Management is an advanced level sales course that helps sales professionals maximize revenue potential by taking a more strategic approach to account management. In this 4-week online program, participants will develop the skills to evolve as an indispensable strategic partner who can reduce competitive threats, strengthen client retention, and maximize the return generated from time invested in managing multiple accounts.
Online Course Experience
Learners will be engaged in a 4-week online program that allows them to learn in a variety of ways, such as readings, videos, peer discussions, personalized assignments, and weekly discussion with their facilitator.
The course requires approximately 18 hours of study over the 4-week period. The required coursework can be completed at any time that suits the learner’s schedule in order to meet the weekly deadlines.
Learners can connect with their peers and facilitator live during the scheduled drop-in webinars.
The Strategic Account Management Online course allows learners to have the flexibility to study from home or the office, and engage with a wide variety of sales professionals across the country.
This course is designed to help learners get the most out of their online experience through discussions with peers, meetings with facilitators, and personalized feedback on your assignments.
Who Should Attend
This course will help drive results by giving you the skills to further penetrate key accounts and develop long-lasting strategic relationships with clients.
This course is for you if you're a:
- Sales Advisor/Account Executive
- Key Account Managers
- Business Development Representatives
- Business Owners/Entrepreneurs
- Sales Professional looking to improve performance
- Sales Manager
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) candidate
- Understand the different levels of value, the value customers seek from you, and how they shape your business
- Build strategies to elevate strategic partnerships you have with key clients based on the value they seek from you.
- Create strategies to facilitate greater integration and synergy in the partnerships you have with your key accounts.
- Describe personal development strategies for each of the key roles you play as a Key Account Representative
- Calculate R.O.T.I. and build strategies to maximize it with each of your key accounts, and the individual sales opportunities you pursue with those clients
- Set well-defined goals that are S.M.A.R.T., aligned with your organization's goals, and based on specific targets, as well as forecast probable outcomes based on a realistic likelihood of success.
- Plan the total amount of time you will allocate to each of the activities we conduct as Key Account Representatives, including all account management, business development, planning, and other responsibilities.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the relevant segments of the market/industry we operate/sell in, using five separate criteria and/or analysis tools
- Selectively target/identify key accounts to approach for new business development, based on a matrix rating of an account’s attractiveness to you, versus the value you offer the account
- Extract insight from analyses and research, and build an account plan based on this insight that outlines specific actions/strategies with associated timelines.
- Build a detailed annual business review for each of your existing key accounts
- Develop a detailed profile of one of your key accounts.
- Develop a strategic account plan that optimizes efficiency and effectiveness for any key account or prospective account.
- Conduct a consultative investigation meeting with a client, in order to uncover key information about their business, goals, and needs.
- Build a solid business case for your recommendations to key clients
- Use appropriate communication methods to deliver effective sales meetings, presentations, and conversations using best-supported methods for each stage of the sales cycle.
What do I get when I complete the course?
Upon completion of this 18-hour program, learners will receive a certificate of completion from the CPSA. The program is directly aligned to meet full educational requirements for the Certified Sales Professional (CSP) designation offered by the CPSA Institute.
How is this course graded?
The Strategic Account Management Online course provides learners multiple ways to earn course credit.
|Discussion Board Participation
|Virtual Office Hours Participation
|Final Knowledge Check
A grade of 70% overall, and 70% on the Final Knowledge Check is required to pass the course.
Course Cancellation Policy
Having trouble justifying the cost of this course? Download a template letter for your boss here.
"The Strategic Account Management online course has given me sophisticated insight in the approach, structure, planning, and execution of key accounts."
Christina Ferentinos, EcoloPharm
"The Strategic Account Management online course equipped me with new tools and strategies that I could apply on the job the very next day. I was able to bring more value to my team and to my clients."
Dan Zimmer, DataVisual Marketing