The Fundamentals of Selling, CPSA’s top-selling sales program, is an 8-week online training program where learners will build consultative selling skills and gain the fundamental knowledge necessary for sales success. Learners will walk away with the skills to gather meaningful market and client intelligence, develop relationships across a broad spectrum of personas, and propose custom solutions that address business challenges and goals of clients they work with.
From now until January 14 2022, get 20% off CPSA training courses with the code CPSASAVE.
Online Course Experience
Learners will be engaged in an 8-week online program that allows them to learn in a variety of ways, such as readings, videos, peer discussions, personalized assignments, and weekly discussions with their facilitator.
Each week learners will be required to commit to 4-5 hours of study. The required coursework can be completed at any time that suits the learner’s schedule in order to meet the weekly deadlines.
Learners can connect with their peers and facilitator live during the 4 scheduled drop-in webinars.
The Fundamentals of Selling Online course allows learners to have the flexibility to study from home or the office, and engage with a wide variety of sales professionals across the country.
This course is designed to help learners get the most out of their online experience through discussions with peers, meetings with facilitators, and personalized feedback on their assignments.
Who Should Attend
Whether you’re new to sales or a seasoned sales professional, this course can help drive results by giving you the skills to engage with your prospects and clients in an effective, consultative manner throughout the entire sales process.
This course is for you if you're a:
- Sales Advisor/Account Executive
- Professional with sales responsibilities (e.g. a start-up CEO, technical expert, or engineer)
- Customer Service Professional
- Sales Support Professional
- Sales Professional starting out in your career
- Sales Manager
- Certified Sales Associate (CSA) candidate
A minimum of 1 or 2 months of sales experience is recommended.
- Explain how a consultative selling approach can provide value to clients
- Develop a personal brand that takes into account your own strengths, weaknesses, and personality type
- Recognize the various roles on your sales team and use strategies to work effectively together
- Develop strategic, profitable, and achievable territory and account plans
- Create and manage a sales funnel, within a sales technology platform, to effectively move accounts from market to customers
- Use social media and social selling best practices to carry out your sales strategy
- Prepare for, and execute, prospecting phone calls that overcome potential objections and lead to in-person sales calls
- Use an eight-step consultative selling process to secure go-forward commitments at the end of each sales call
- Deliver tailored, effective in-person and online business case presentations that result in sales
- Successfully navigate collaborative negotiations and use influence to close sales
- Develop written sales communications that are logically structured and accurately communicate the key messages
- Follow up with clients to ensure satisfactory achievement of agreed-upon sales and strengthen client relationships
- Develop self-awareness, maintain optimism, and manage stress with proven takeaway strategies
- Set and achieve personal and professional goals for the next 1,5 and 10 years with a formalized time-management system
- Define professional and ethical sales behaviour and govern yourself accordingly.
What do I get when I complete the course?
Upon completion of this 35-hour program, learners will receive a certificate of completion from the CPSA. The program is directly aligned to meet full educational requirements for the Certified Sales Associate (CSA) designation offered by the CPSA Institute.
How is this course graded?
The Fundamentals of Selling Online course provides learners multiple ways to earn course credit.
|Discussion Board Participation||20%|
|Virtual Office Hours Participation||20%|
|Final Knowledge Check||30%|
A grade of 70% overall, and 70% on the Final Knowledge Check is required to pass the course.
Course Cancellation Policy
"The Fundamentals of Selling online course gives you a comprehensive overview of the very best sales practices and how you can come to embody those practices."
Raza Ahmed, Trend Hunter
"The 8 week Fundamentals of Selling course has been so eye-opening and beneficial to my knowledge and understanding of what it means to truly put your client/customer/prospect's needs/goals first. Each successive week builds upon previous content, with the addition of new tools and assignments to solidify concepts. I would highly recommend this CPSA course to my colleagues or anyone interested in refining and building upon their sales skills."
Devindra Persaud, IMCD US Food Inc.