Open the Door to a Rewarding Career in Sales
Sales is the driving force behind every business. A career in Sales puts you right at the heart of the action offering great earning potential, tons of variety, and a vibrant, results-driven culture.
The CPSA works with employers throughout the Sales profession to understand the skill sets that are in demand and have developed a pathway for students to gain those skills and gain meaningful employment following your education.
Coming in January 2018 - The CPSA Student Program
The CPSA Student Program can help kick-start your career in a profession that has a wealth of employment opportunities!
Who can join?
Any student attending a college or university in Canada can register in the CPSA Student Program to become a CPSA ‘Student Sales Associate’.
Why Join the CPSA Student Program?
- Gain access to the Learning Hub and exclusive resources to help you acquire the skills and knowledge to jump start your career in sales
- Being involved is a great resume and professional portfolio builder and can help you get on the right track to obtain a professional designation from the CPSA
- Get the opportunity to apply for the Sales Excellence Award
Gain access to all the cost saving benefits that full CPSA members receive for only $29 a year
Registration will be open starting January 2018. For news and updates, sign up for our monthly student newsletter by entering your email below:
CPSA Sales Certificate (SC)
CPSA’s Sales Certificate (SC) prepares you to excel in sales by building your knowledge, skills, and confidence in key areas like account management, business acumen, communication, consultative selling, product and technical knowledge, relationship building, and more.
Graduates go on to work in all kinds of industries, including:
• Pharmaceutical sales
• Media sales
• Food service sales
• IT sales
The SC can also help you move toward the Certified Sales Associate (CSA) designation, positioning you for even greater success in the future. Students can earn the new CSA designation after earning the Sales Certificate from their school, passing the cumulative CSA final examination, and completing a minimum of 6 months experience in a client facing role.
Sales professionals with a designation from the CPSA Institute enjoy a significant competitive advantage in the market; most are in the top 25% of Sales in their organizations.
- Successfully complete the defined group of sales certificate courses at your school as part of your regular degree, diploma, or certificate program
- These courses are available through our partner colleges and universities across Canada
To find out more contact the CPSA at 1-888-267-CPSA (2772) or email SalesSuccess@cpsa.com.
Sales Excellence Award: Recognizing Outstanding Achievement
Students who earn the CPSA Sales Certificate or are registered in the CPSA Student Program are eligible to apply for the Sales Excellence Award.
In addition to the awarded cash prize, students can use this example of outstanding achievement as a portfolio builder and professional proof you demostrate the assets of a rising star in the Sales profession!
To be considered, you must have graduated from an accredited, full-time, post-secondary program in the past 12 months.
In addition to excelling in your Sales Certificate (SC) courses, you must:
- Have attained overall GPA of 70% or higher;
- Be an active participant in student activities such as college/university publications, student governance, athletics and cultural activities;
- Provide a transcript;
- Supply a letter of support/endorsement from an instructor or faculty member.
How To Apply
Download Application Form and submit by email to SalesSuccess@cpsa.com or by mail to:
The Professional Standards Council/Awards Committee
Canadian Professional Sales Association
1920 - 2 Bloor Street E, Toronto ON, M4W 1A8
Download Application Form