Lead the Way to the Top
CSL Minimum Requirements
To be eligible to apply under the CSL Regular Pathway, you must have:
- University Degree
- 35 hours of pre-requisite education aligned with the Sales Leader Competency Framework
- 6 years cumulative work experience which includes:
- Minimum 2 years independently managing customer accounts – meeting or exceeding targets
- Minimum 2 years people leadership experience
If you want to check your skills within the competency areas, please try our Sales Leader Assessment
How to Apply
To apply, submit your application through our National Accreditation Portal (only available to members)
For a limited time, Sales Leaders with more than 10 years of experience in sales team leadership, and sales faculty members with more than 10 years’ experience in sales education in a post-secondary institution may apply for an exemption from the final exam
- An up-to-date CV or link to updated LinkedIn profile.
- Evidence of 2 years of meeting or exceeding sales targets (use our template reference letter below to make this easier)!
- 2 Letters of Reference from immediate supervisors or customers (use our template reference letter to save you time)!
- Evidence of 35 hours of professional development (include this in your reference letter!)
- Evidence of a University Degree (copy of transcripts or of degree certificate accepted)
If you have been a sales leader for 10 years or more, and are managing/leading a team, then you may be eligible for the CSL Exemption Pathway. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on this route.
What are you waiting for?
Want to know what a real CSL has to say about the designation? Read our CSL case study here
The Certified Sales Leader (CSL) designation recognizes Canada’s top sales leadership talent.
Certified Sales Leaders (CSL) have a strong commitment to delivering sales force excellence, continuous learning, and leadership in enterprise sales. They also have the knowledge, skills, and experience to improve sales performance across entire organizations.
CSLs excel at recruiting, developing, and retaining top talent, strategic planning, problem solving, sales operations, performance management and leadership. They have what it takes to impact both an organization’s bottom line and its overall sales culture.
Who Should Become a Certified Sales Leader?
The CSL designation is for sales leaders who want recognition for their knowledge, skill, and commitment to sales force excellence, continuous development, and leadership in the complex and ever-changing world of enterprise sales.
CSL candidates may currently hold titles such as:
- Director of Sales
- Vice-President of Sales
- Regional Sales Manager
If you want to apply under the CSL Exemption Pathway, please contact email@example.com
- Get at least 30 units of professional development each year
- Remain a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Adhere to the CPSA Institute Code of Ethics
- Certified Sales Leaders must pass an online ethics quiz with a final score of 80% or more within the first year of receiving their designation
Ready to apply? Get started today.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to find out more.
For more information about designations, see the links below: