The Mark of Excellence in Professional Sales
For over 20 years, Certified Sales Professionals (CSP) have represented the gold standard in sales, demonstrating a commitment to excellence that opens the door to better career opportunities and higher earning potential.
CSP Minimum Requirements
To be eligible to apply for the CSP designation, you must have:
- College Diploma + 35 hours of accredited pre-requisite education in sales aligned to the Sales Professional Competency Framework. You can see which courses are aligned to the CSP here.
- Minimum 4 years of verified experience independently managing client accounts.
- Evidence of meeting/exceeding targets for at least 2 of those years.
If you have 6 years of verified sales experience, you are exempt from the education requirements listed above, however, we do suggest you take our Sales Professional Assessment
to see if you need to improve in any competency areas before attempting the exam.
We are now offering a CSP Bootcamp, which we can run for individuals or corporate teams. This online course will help you prepare for your Certified Sales Professional designation exam. During this course you’ll have the opportunity to work through challenging content areas, complete sample test questions, and build confidence as you move toward completing the capstone of your sales development journey.
Request a Consultation
How to Apply
- You must Be a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association ($299)
- Meet experience and education requirements
- Upload the required documents through our National Accreditation Portal (only available to members)
- An up-to-date CV or link to updated LinkedIn profile
- Transcripts/evidence of College Diploma
- Evidence of 2 years of meeting or exceeding sales targets (include this in your reference letter to save you time!)
- 2 Letters of Reference from immediate supervisors or customers. Use our template reference letter!
- Evidence of 35 hours professional development in sales aligned with the CPSA professional sales competencies
- Pay one-time Application and Exam Fees ($598)
- Pass the Certified Sales Professional exam
- Sign an agreement to abide by the CPSA Institute Code of Ethics
Ready to apply? Get started today.
1. Once you have made payment, you can proceed to the portal to upload your application
2. The CPSA Institute will email you when a review of your application has been conducted. This takes a maximum of 30 days from the receipt of a complete application.
3. The CPSA Institute will send you a second email with instructions on how to schedule your online exam. All candidates must have access to a computer with a microphone, a camera and internet to do the online exam. Please note that if you require special accommodations for the exam, you must alert CPSA to this before you schedule your exam.
4. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded with a digital CSP credential. You will also receive a hard copy certificate in the mail within 4-6 weeks.
CSPs know what top performers know, and have the skills and follow-through to get consistently good results. A professional designation marks their commitment to being the best.
- 72% of CSPs rank in the top 25% of sales within their organizations
- The majority surpass their annual sales quotas
- Almost 50% earn more after completing the program
- Read the case study of a real CSP here
It’s no wonder that more and more employers are demanding certification as the standard for new hires.
We’ve updated our CSP program, in close collaboration with industry leaders, making the CSP designation more valuable today than ever.
Who Should Become a Certified Sales Professional?
CSP designation is for sales professionals who want recognition for excellence in how well they handle the largest accounts, with the most strategic customers, and consistently meet or exceed sales targets.
CSP candidates may currently hold titles such as:
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Account Leader
- Account Director
Maintain Your Designation
- Get at least 30 units of recognized professional development each year
- Remain a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Adhere to the CPSA Institute Code of Ethics
Ready to apply? Get started today.
to find out more.