Start Your Sales Career Off Strong
If you’re currently working in sales support or customer service and think you’ve got what it takes to move into your first sales role, the Certified Sales Associate (CSA) designation will help you get where you want to go, faster.
CSA's possess a solid foundation in key skills needed to succeed, like prospecting, building effective client relationships, negotiation, closing, and leveraging sales technologies. CSA's demonstrate what it takes to excel in their current role and position themselves to move ahead.
Who Should Become a Certified Sales Associate?
Entry-level Sales Professionals, including:
- Customer Service Professionals
- Junior Sales Professionals
- Sales Support Professionals, in areas such as Customer Research, Data Analytics, and Sales Coordination
Job Seekers, including:
- Undergraduate students
- Anyone looking to build a sales career from the ground up
CSA Minimum Requirements
- CPSA Sales Certificate or 35 hours of recognized professional development in sales aligned with the CPSA professional sales competencies.
- Minimum 6 months of verified sales experience in client-facing roles aligned with 5 key professional sales skill areas from the competency framework, such as Prospecting, Business Acumen, Sales Process technology, and Relationship Development.
- Be a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Meet experience and education requirements
- Send in an application, including
- An up-to-date CV or link to updated LinkedIn profile
- A Letter of Recommendation from an immediate supervisor or academic advisor (faculty member)
- Transcripts and course outlines for prior education
- Pay one-time Application and Exam Fees ($445)
- Pass the Certified Sales Associate exam
- Sign an agreement to abide by the CPSA Sales Institute Code of Ethics
Maintain Your Designation
- Get at least 20 units of recognized professional development each year
- Remain a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Adhere to the CPSA Sales Institute Code of Ethics
Ready to apply? Get started today.