Lead the Way to the Top
The new Certified Sales Leader (CSL) designation recognizes Canada’s top sales leadership talent.
Certified Sales Leaders (CSL) have a strong commitment to delivering sales force excellence, continuous learning, and leadership in enterprise sales. They also have the knowledge, skills, and experience to improve sales performance across entire organizations.
CSL's excel at recruiting, developing, and retaining top talent, strategic planning, problem solving, sales operations, performance management and leadership. They have what it takes to impact both an organization’s bottom line and its overall sales culture.
Who Should Become a Certified Sales Leader?
The CSL designation is for sales leaders who want recognition for their knowledge, skill, and commitment to sales force excellence, continuous development, and leadership in the complex and ever-changing world of enterprise sales.
CSL candidates may currently hold titles such as:
- Director of Sales
- Vice-President of Sales
- Regional Sales Manager
CSL Minimum Requirements
- University Degree*
- 35 hours professional development aligned with sales leadership competencies.
- 6 years cumulative work experience:
- Minimum 2 years independently managing customer accounts – meeting or exceeding targets
- Minimum 2 years people leadership experience
- Or 10 years experience teaching sales and sales leadership in a post-secondary institution.
*If you have 10 years of sales leadership experience, you are exempt from this requirement
- Be a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Meet experience and education requirements
- Send in an application, attaching
- An up-to-date CV or link to updated LinkedIn profile
- Evidence of 2 years of meeting or exceeding sales targets (can include sales awards, dashboards, performance reports, or Letters of Reference)
- 2 Letters of Reference from immediate supervisors or customers
- Transcripts and course outlines for prior education
- Pay one-time Application and Exemption Fees ($695)
- Earn a passing grade on the exam.
For a limited time, Sales Leaders with more than 10 years of experience in sales team leadership, and sales faculty members with more than 10 years’ experience in sales education in a post-secondary institution may apply with exemption from the final exam. Find out more.
- Sign an agreement to abide by the CPSA Sales Institute Code of Ethics
Maintain Your Designation
- Get at least 30 units of professional development each year
- Stay a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Adhere to the CPSA Sales Institute Code of Ethics
- Certified Sales Leaders must pass an online ethics quiz with a final score of 80% on or more within the first year of receiving their designation
Ready to apply? Get started today.