The Mark of Excellence in Professional Sales
For over 20 years, Certified Sales Professionals (CSP) have represented the gold standard in sales, demonstrating a commitment to excellence that opens the door to better career opportunities and higher earning potential.
CSPs know what top performers know, and have the skills and follow-through to get consistently good results. A professional designation marks their commitment to being the best.
- 72% of CSPs rank in the top 25% of sales within their organizations
- The majority surpass their annual sales quotas
- Almost 50% earn more after completing the program
It’s no wonder that more and more employers are demanding certification as the standard for new hires.
We’ve updated our CSP program, in close collaboration with industry leaders, making the CSP designation more valuable today than ever.
Who Should Become a Certified Sales Professional?
CSP designation is for sales professionals who want recognition for excellence in how well they handle the largest accounts, with the most strategic customers, and consistently meet or exceed sales targets.
CSP candidates may currently hold titles such as:
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Account Leader
- Account Director
CSP Minimum Requirements
- College Diploma + 35 hours of recognized professional development in sales aligned to the Sales Professional Competency Framework.
- Minimum 4 years of verified experience independently managing client accounts and meeting or exceeding targets.
Earn Your Designation
- Be a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Meet experience and education requirements
- Send in an application, attaching:
- An up-to-date CV or link to updated LinkedIn profile
- Evidence of 2 years of meeting or exceeding sales targets (can include sales awards, dashboards, performance reports, or Letters of Reference)
- 2 Letters of Reference from immediate supervisors or customers
- Transcripts and course outlines for prior education
- Pay one-time Application and Exam Fees ($598)
- Pass the Certified Sales Professional exam
- Sign an agreement to abide by the CPSA Institute Code of Ethics
Maintain Your Designation
- Get at least 30 units of recognized professional development each year
- Remain a member in good standing of the Canadian Professional Sales Association
- Adhere to the CPSA Institute Code of Ethics
Upcoming CSP Examination Dates
For your convenience, we've launched our new online exams to accommodate your busy schedule, wherever you are.
To book your online examination, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the details.
Ready to apply? Get started today.