Search by keywords:
Search resources by: Competency
Content Format


Not a member? Sample unlocked content here.

Topics Covered: <a href='/resources/search/?query=Financial'>Financial</a>
Finance & Legal
Dec 4, 2012 | The Canadian Professional Sales Association

The short answer to this question is yes. When applying for Employment Insurance benefits, you need to supply a Record of Employment (ROE) from your employer.

The ROE needs to include the following details regarding your most recent employment:

- Your total salary before deductions including tips and commissions,

- Your salary before deductions for your last week of work — from Sunday to your last day worked

- Gross amounts received or to be received: vacation pay, severance pay, pension, pay in lieu of notice or lay off and other monies

Click here to view this answer in French.

Recommended Reading:
- Can I apply for Employment Insurance (EI) if I am self-employed?
- As an independent sales rep paid on a commission basis, does my company have to pay me the HST on my commission rate?

View the full list of Ask A Sales Expert questions and answers.
Got a sales, marketing, or business-related question? Email us at

About the author: 681

Related Resources