In the September 2017 SalesProChat two-part episode, Matthew Gonnering talks with host Bill Banham about types of content and how the content in the sales funnel has changed over time to meet the needs of new audiences and new channels. Listen to the show to get the low-down on the who, why, where, when and how of content within the sales and marketing funnel.
Matthew is Chief Executive Officer at Widen Enterprises, a content technology company that powers the content that builds brand with clever global cloud-based digital asset management solutions. Matthew rose through the ranks to be come a sales and marketing leader and CEO by just 32 years old! Matthew is a speaker, and once-named "Fittest Executive" by InBusiness Madison.
Listen to the CPSA’s two-part interview with Matthew Gonnering and join us September 28 for our monthly #SalesProChat Twitter chat.
Part one considers questions including:
* What were some of the components of the traditional sales funnel, what’s changed in the past 10-15 years, and what does it look like in 2017?
* What are some of the key channels which feed the funnel and how has the role of content - educating and advising - come to dominate?
* What is digital asset management and where does it fit in?
* How can marketing and sales pros improve efficiency and optimize budgets with data-driven content analytics? How too, can they feed more leads to sales?
* Are today's best salespeople also marketers? What additional skills content marketing expertise do top salespeople bring to the table?
Listen to part one.
Part two discusses:
* In terms of engagement and conversion metrics, what are the most impactful types of content today?
* Organic v paid content? When is it right to use each?
* Where does real human interaction, such as at events, fit into the sales and marketing funnel?
* What's coming up? Predictions for the landscape of content marketing in the next ten years.
Listen to part two.
Join the #SalesProChat Twitter chat, September 28, 1 pm Eastern / 10 Pacific.
Every month we present a SalesProchat podcast and host a #SalesProChat Twitter chat. SalesProChat brings sales pros and business leaders together to discuss major topics in Sales. On Thursday September 28, 2017 at 1:00 ET the CPSA will host our next Twitter chat.
Business leaders, sales professionals and high-profile industry experts from across Canada and the US will come together on Twitter to share tips, strategies and enjoy lots of virtual networking.
The September 2017 #SalesProChat Twitter chat will consider the following questions:
Q1: What types of content resonate with B2B audiences? Is it different for B2C? #SalesProChat
Q2: What online tools are available to sales pros needing easy ways to develop new sales materials? #SalesProChat
Q3: How can a sales pro develop content to present themselves as a thought leader #SalesProChat
Q4: Do events still work? If so, what content helps support the efforts at trade shows and events? #SalesProChat
More About Matthew Gonnering
Matthew Gonnering serves as Chief Executive Officer at Widen Enterprises, Inc. Previously, Matthew served as Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Widen Enterprises, Inc. He is focused on faith, family, marketing technology, software, organizational culture, fitness, outdoors, and positive people who can change the world.
From sweeping floors in a print shop to software CEO, Matthew continues to drive organizational culture shifts, open environment, collaboration & transparency; increasing employee satisfaction, pride, and engagement. He has 7 years+ as Widen CEO, transitioning the organization to focus on software growth and 10 years in marketing and sales, transforming from phone book trolling outside sales environment to a content-rich inbound experience.
Not a member? Sample unlocked content here.