In a world where social selling seems to dominate sales efforts, is there still a place for in-person networking and building personal relationships? In the October SalesProChat episode, Tibor Shanto talks with host Bill Banham about why networking and personal relationships still matter.
Listen to the CPSA’s interview with Tibor Shanto and join us on October 26 for our monthly #SalesProChat Twitter chat.
The October SalesProChat show considers questions including:
* What is a professional network? What are some of the constituent parts? (This answer might include long-held relationships from school, LinkedIn connections, email contacts, mentors, colleagues etc).
* Social media is now so wide and so deep, do in-person meetings actually offer anything extra to salespeople looking to build personal relationships and find new leads?
* How can in-person networking add value in ways that social selling cannot?
* Are there still industries where online approaches simply don't cut it?
* How can salespeople leverage conferences and networking events to grow their personal brand?
* What are the right opening questions to ask when meeting someone at a networking event for the first time?
Listen to the show here.
Join the #SalesProChat Twitter chat, October 26, 1 pm Eastern / 10 Pacific.
Each month we present a SalesProChat podcast episode and host a #SalesProChat Twitter chat. #SalesProChat brings sales pros and business leaders together to discuss major topics in Sales. On Thursday October 26, 2017 at 1:00 ET the CPSA will host our next Twitter chat.
Business leaders, sales professionals and high-profile industry experts from across Canada and the US will come together on Twitter to share tips, strategies and enjoy lots of virtual networking.
The October 2017 #SalesProChat Twitter chat will consider the following questions:
Q1: What, if anything, can networking do to help a salesperson's social skills? #SalesProChat
Q2: Why do the best salespeople do their homework ahead of an event? #SalesProChat
Q3: How can meetups and events add value to relationships in ways that social selling can’t? #SalesProChat
Q4: What online tools support research or follow ups around events like trade shows? #SalesProChat
More About Tibor Shanto
Tibor Shanto is Chief Sales Officer at Renbor Sales Solutions Inc. He is a 25-year veteran of B2B sales and has developed an insider’s hands on perspective of successful sales execution. Called a brilliant sales tactician Toronto-based Tibor shows organizations and sales professionals how to leverage their sales process to shorten sales cycles, increase close ratios, and create double digit growth through execution and using the right combination strategy, tools, metrics, tactical execution of the sales process.
A recognized speaker, author of the award winning book Shift!: Harness The Trigger Events That Turn Prospects Into Customers, and sought after trainer. His article “How to shorten your Sales Cycle?” was voted number one by readers of TopTenSalesArticles.com. Tibor’s works have appeared in a number of leading publications, blogs and web pages, including The Globe and Mail’s Report On Small Business, Truck News, Office Technology magazine, ChannelBuzz, Today’s Trucking, eChannel News, www.chamberofcomerce.com, and others.
Not a member? Sample unlocked content here.